A standard auto insurance policy may not be what you think it is if you aren’t familiar with the policy provisions, conditions, and exclusions. Finding out you aren’t covered for a loss may cost you out of pocket expenses you had not planned on and could leave you in financial distress. Find out some common Alabama car insurance endorsements you may need, that you don’t currently have, so you will have the type of auto coverage that fits your specific needs and budget.
7 Auto Insurance Endorsements to Consider, but Not Limited to:
An endorsement is something that can be added to amend your existing Alabama auto insurance policy (for a nominal fee) that adds coverage that otherwise would be excluded. Just because you have an Alabama auto insurance policy on your car doesn’t mean you are adequately covered should you experience a loss. Before the loss happens, you need to have the peace of mind knowing you will be covered versus hearing that your auto loss is excluded, after the fact. Below are some common add-ons you may wish to consider:
- Rental Reimbursement- This coverage helps pay the cost of a rental car while your car is in the body shop for repairs due to a covered loss and ends when the repairs are completed, within a reasonable time. *Certain limitations may apply, so consult with your local Alabama independent insurance agent to inquire.
- Gap Coverage- This endorsement should definitely be considered if your car is on the newer end and has a loan or lease attached to it. If you get into an auto accident and your car is totaled, this coverage will pay the difference (gap) between what is owed on your car and the actual cash value.
- Accident Forgiveness- This add-on is becoming more popular among auto insurance carriers that grant you “forgiveness” for having your first accident, without the penalty of an auto insurance rate increase. Certain restrictions may apply, so contact your local Alabama independent insurance agent to see if you qualify for this on your Alabama auto insurance policy.
- New Car Replacement- This coverage can be added to your Alabama auto insurance policy and states that if your car is totaled due to a covered loss, then you will be reimbursed the total replacement cost. This takes any stress and worry out of dealing with loan pay offs on your car or being left with a claim payout that won’t payoff the loan. There are restrictions/conditions that apply so it is recommended you discuss this endorsement with your local Alabama independent insurance agent to see if you should consider adding this.
- Towing and Labor/T&L- If you experience a break down on the side of the road or have a dead battery that leaves you stranded, this coverage is nice to have. It allows reimbursement for any costs associated with the towing of your car to a body shop.
- Customized Parts and Equipment- If you have any custom paint or specialized equipment on your auto (not installed by the original manufacturer), you should definitely consider this coverage; otherwise, your Alabama auto insurance policy will exclude coverage for custom parts and equipment.
- Roadside Assistance- There is nothing worse then locking your keys in the car, running out of gas, or experiencing a flat tire on the side of the road, especially when you need to be somewhere. With this added coverage, you can rest assured your car will be taken care of as quickly as possible to get your back on the road.
Are You Properly Covered Under Your Alabama Auto Insurance Policy?
The listed 7 add-ons aren’t the only available endorsements to consider. If you want to discuss your current Alabama auto insurance coverage, contact us at Burkett & Associates Insurance Agency at 256-704-7400 and we can review your current policy to determine whether there are holes you want to fill so you won’t run into a situation where coverage is excluded.